General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Family in New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

douglas

douglas Report 6 Feb 2017 19:07

How do i search in N.Z. every time i click on Genes N.Z. it takes me back to my home page / tree? very frustration.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 6 Feb 2017 19:25

NZ is only Genes entry portals for New Zealand members in NZ and not unfortunally somewhere to search for NZ records ,Genes AU(Australia) ZA(South Africa) work just the same,,,,entry portals......

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Feb 2017 19:34

As Kay said, there are no NZ records on GR, Australian and South African, despite the implication.

You might find some NZ records on family search, the Mormon site.

Go to this and then enter NZ or New Zealand in the box Filter by Collection Name (at the top left).

It is a free site, and you do not have to register

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list

GR's sister site, FindMyPast (FMP) does have soem NZ records, but is a subscription site, and you have to have a sub to FMP World to access the records.

Similarly, ancestry has some NZ records, but you have to have their World membership.

douglas

douglas Report 6 Feb 2017 20:02

Thanks guys will try FMP