General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still alive ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bendetoy

Bendetoy Report 8 Feb 2017 20:36

Hi everyone, I don't know if I am in the right place here but here goes, no doubt someone will point me in the right direction if I'm not.
What I would like to know is, is it possible to find out if someone is still alive? Let me explain. Several years ago my cousin contacted me. We weren't particularly close and we exchanged sporadic messages over the last few years.I am 64 and my cousin is about eight years older than me and she has never been in perfect health. We never actually got around to saying where we lived or a means of contact other than GR. A little while ago the messages stopped without warning and despite message from me she has not replied. So, my question is can I find out if she is still alive

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Feb 2017 20:54

Have you tried the electoral rolls

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 8 Feb 2017 21:08

You could use White Pages, but you would need to purchase credits to see a full address. Do you have an idea of the area she lived in?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Feb 2017 21:08

you could look for a phone number in the white pages online, if she hasn't opted out?

Bendetoy

Bendetoy Report 8 Feb 2017 23:55

Thank you for your replies, just have to keep looking

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 9 Feb 2017 13:25

Have the messages you sent her on here been opened? IE in your 'sent' messages, has the little envelope next to her name disappeared?

As Shirley said, you could try the electoral rolls, some of us have subscriptions for FMP and could maybe look for you if you have some idea of location etc.

You could also check (assuming she was based in the UK)

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

In case she has sadly passed, and is listed there. Also look for obituaries online?