General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Record and Tree Matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 1 Apr 2017 13:31

How can I delete record matches after I have checked them and found they are irrelevant to my tree?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Apr 2017 14:28

Welcome to the boards Janice.

It doesn't appear that you are able to reject record matches after you've viewed them, not Tree Matches come to that!

May be someone with more experience of building their tree on this site can give you some tips?

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Apr 2017 14:57

You might lose some of them if you tie down dates and place of birth etc rather than being within a year or two...but no promises. I think all sites try to open the net as much as possible so it makes it look like they're helping you connect to hundreds of people.

Janice

Janice Report 1 Apr 2017 19:32

Thank you to both of you.
I thought that might be the answer and as such its annoying particlularly as I dived straight in and renewed for a year! That's made my mind up, I shall not renew again but just stay with the other two as they have much better systems for reviewing, keeping or deleting hints. Plus instant access to public trees.