General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

That was worthwhile

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2017 23:52

:-D
I've got the mother of all colds.
I had Wednesday of work as leave. I intended going out, but felt so bad I spent the day on here and sleeping.
Felt even worse yesterday - infection's gone to my sinuses.
Dragged myself in today.

Where I work, they have cupboards with wooden roller-type fronts.
These are rubbish and they break.
When I started this job, I noticed one of these wooden cupboard 'fronts' leaning against the wall, and told a colleague how perfect it would be for doll's house flooring (slats of 1cm wide wood)
When I went in today - it had gone! :-(
Casually asked where it had gone - into the bin! :-( :-( :-(
I didn't want to look like some sort of scavenger rummaging in the multitude of huge bins in the car park, so decided it wasn't to be.
Half a hour later, the facilities bloke turned up with it :-D
One of the lovely ladies I work with had told him of my plans for it - so he brought it to me :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Apr 2017 00:33

how kind of him!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Apr 2017 00:50

That's great Maggie.

So which room in which house is going to get a new floor.?

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 Apr 2017 00:53

Still got that awful cold poor thing :-(

Enjoy the doll house

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 Apr 2017 06:54

I commiserate with you, Maggie, about your cold. :-(

I wrote, on Thursday, that I had a stonkin' cold, could neither taste nor smell, something that always happens when I have a heavy one; I looked a bit like Rudolph too! OH had it for about three weeks but usually I escape this type of thing so I was taking it badly - a bear with a sore head springs to mind. A patient patient I am not.

I have been retired for many years so there wasn't even that one advantage in having such a stonker - time off work! :-D

Oh joy, I can taste again so I know I'm on the mend.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Do you need more sick time off to work on the wood? :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Apr 2017 09:10

Well, if I don't work, I don't get paid, so all fun 'I'll do that when I retire' things are on hold.
Only another 5 years until retirement :-( That's at the moment.
I wasn't officially told my retirement age was 65, until I received a letter, when I was 56, telling me it was now 66.

I believe the cold is subsiding, but has left excruciating sinuses in it's wake :-( :-(

Not sure which house it will go in, I have a few 'on the go' at the moment :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 Apr 2017 11:37

Maggie, I recommend retirement wholeheartedly. I took to it like a duck to water and the only thing is that I wish I could have retired at 25. :-D ;-)