General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Technical help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 17 Apr 2017 15:22

Hi

Trying to update my tree from a tablet and every time I "click" on the box I want to update the keyboard appears and covers the box. Really frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Apr 2017 17:26

Welcome to the board, Ann

Might you be able to slide up the under-lying screen? Failing that, put the curser where you want to type and keep your fingers crossed :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Apr 2017 20:30

The coding for this was finished in a hurry a few years ago as part of a major "upgrade" which presaged the decline and fall. Phil Moire and others are no longer around so the chances of a fix for some very basic coding is unlikely.

What are the screen dimensions of yr tablet, is it Android, Windows or Apple? Which browser? If yr screen is big enough you might be able to wiggle just enough room to run the edit box as det. Says. Make sure the tree is zoomed out to min.

Ancestry has an app which works well on tablets.

Good luck