General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Big Brother is Watching.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 18 Apr 2017 22:36

Interesting times.

I suppose that by using this site to communicate with many of you, you are now having your details recorded by the Australian Government

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/vpns-become-even-more-important-as-isps-start-collecting-your-online-metadata/news-story/3fd498fa3a192687ce264bd3a72d5cb6

Ironically, one of the politicians most vocal in demanding these powers is one using a VPN and is refusing to give access to any of his data

Allan

Allan Report 18 Apr 2017 22:38

Bl**dy H*ll! That was quick!

Will be back shortly after I've seen what the police want

:-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Apr 2017 23:07

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 19 Apr 2017 10:02

Well, I have just returned home after a deep and meaningful discussion with the Guardians of the Law regarding my posts on various Social Media sites.

My treatment whilst in their care was excellent, they even offered me a splendid lunch which I had to decline owing to the new state of my teeth.

I also had to sign a disclaimer regarding my time in custody, sorry, my time in their care.

This I had to do with my left hand as, apparently, my right hand was injured in the door when it accidentally closed when I was trying to escape....sorry trying to leave.

Overall, I have no complaints or so I am assured by the powers that be.

Indeed, whilst they will still be monitoring my net connections, they have said that they will not be entering into any face-to-face discussions until the next time that I transgress.

Such is life in the brave new world ;-)

:-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Apr 2017 10:25

:-D :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 19 Apr 2017 12:57

But who watches the watchers?

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Apr 2017 17:56

So the question would be who will they entertain next or will they ask the UK authorities to help. I'd say the more entries you have the more likely your free stay.

Rollo......The same people who watch you through your smart TV of course