General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

no wonder the HNS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 3 May 2017 13:58

Ii under financial pressure. Yesterday afternoon i saw a man staggering along the middle of the road and sink to the road outside my house. He looked completely plastered. I called my son to go and get him off the road so that some poor motorist did not have the shock of hitting him. I called the community Police who said they would send someone but to meanwhile call the ambulance which i reluctantly did.
An ambulance car turned up and then a proper ambulance. I just hope it was not diverted froma real emergency.

We have a problem with drunks around here, mostly not British. It is an alcohol prohibited area with a small notice attached to a lampost - written in English.

I know he needed help but !!!!!!

David

David Report 3 May 2017 14:41

See your point and sympathise, but it might have been a diabetes sufferer or an epileptic

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 May 2017 15:30

anyone needing NHS treatment for problems caused by alcohol should be charged

Maddie

Maddie Report 3 May 2017 15:38

david, it did cross my mind so did what i did, whatever his problem he clearly needed help and was a danger to himself and others but i hate seeing ambulances being used unneccessarily

David

David Report 3 May 2017 15:54

I agree Maddie, I mentioned diabetes because a diabetic HAS BEEN MISTAKEN FOR A DRUNK MANY TIMES IN THE PAST.

Makes you wonder where they get the money, unless they are always half drunk.

Excuse the caps....my keyboard or my fingers

David

David Report 3 May 2017 19:39

Mention it to your MP or councillor they might help ?,

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 May 2017 14:55

When Fred fell out of his wheelchair he could quite easily have been lifted back in by two strongish people but somebody called an ambulance.

The ambulance car came, with two men in it and Fred's mate was there but they had to use equipment so they called a proper ambulance.

That turned up with two men in it. They used n inflatable air bag to elevate Fred to the level of the wheelchair seat. Then they lifted him up manually and put him in the chair.

When the first ambulance came there were four of us available to lift him from the ground.

Maddie

Maddie Report 4 May 2017 17:11

ahh health and safety

which brings me to
conan the destroyer ( a neighbour) decided to have a bonfire in the afternoon too close to a neighbours fence. They called the fire brigade who told conan to put it out and left. Conan then went out anf fire was still alight. Call to firebrigade for advice as fire unattended. Response - can't put it out unless out of control.
So beware !!!!!!

David

David Report 4 May 2017 17:56

Some ten years or more ago my wife was suffering from dizzy spells, near staggers. I took her to her Doctor but the receptionist said she had to make an appointment !!
I left with her (less than pleased) was walking to a taxi.
Was only about 3 -4 hundred yards from the surgery when she crashed headlong out side Barclays Bank. I phoned an ambulance. She was in the ICU at Newcastle General Hospital all day. I thought she'd had a stroke. She was diagnosed with laryngitis (inner ear condition) and has been on medication ever since.
I got a fright I tell you. And minutes previous a Doctor could have seen her at the surgery.
You just never know !