General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bettroffenheit

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 7 May 2017 16:45

A rare treat on free tv, not to be missed.
BBC4 9pm

Eldrick and Dermott esp should pick it up.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 7 May 2017 16:57

I think I will look in my shed for a pair of rusty pliers to pull my teeth out, that look like a better bet.

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 8 May 2017 16:47

I don't watch TV, apart from the occasional news programme.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 May 2017 16:56

Perhaps I better watch it I have terrible trouble getting off to sleep

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 May 2017 17:47

Why not watch tv?
It is the medium of our age and some of its finest minds have worked hard to entertain and inform us. I have always thought it an absurd stance along with not having any kind of mobile phone, not using the internet, not reading paperbacks and not playing Eko guitars or a Yamaha sax.
People can be so precious but it doesn't make them better.
Moving on from Bettroffenheit, which is far from boring, the funniest thing on tv is of course Mrs Browns Boys. Yet some say that is boring too.
TV news is about the worst place to find out the news but is good for what was going on a while back and heavily edited video.
If the tv broadcast war in all its ugliness it might just stop. Instead it sanitises it enough so as not to ruin people's dinner.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2017 18:55

How long do you think you will have to stay on the soft food,bob?

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2017 18:55

How long do you think you will have to stay on the soft food,bob?

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 May 2017 19:01

So that would be a liquid diet, would it ? :-)

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 8 May 2017 19:37

My idea of a balanced meal is a pint in each hand.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 May 2017 20:08

So would that be a glug glug hic diet then Bob?

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2017 20:16

You won't be able to eat much now you have pulled all your teeth out with the rusty pliers.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 May 2017 20:21

Bet it ruins his French pronunciation too ......

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 8 May 2017 20:27

I don't watch TV because Im too busy doing things that don't involve sitting in an armchair. I can do that to my hearts content if I ever reach a nursing home, which I accept is unlikely. I feel quite proud of that, actually. And its not precious or inverse snobbery,

And I much prefer my takamine to an eko. That's what I play when I'm not watching Corry. Or sometimes my old Guild. Similarly, I prefer to read on my kindle and cant remember when I last read a paperback. I've seen war first hand and more violent deaths, poverty and distress than tongue can tell. So there we go. First hand is best. Happy viewing :)

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2017 20:41

Dunno about that Eldrick.

I think I would sooner be in my armchair with a cup of tea than witnessing death and war and poverty and stuff, and I can switch it off as well.

Ah well, each to his own.

Caroline

Caroline Report 8 May 2017 20:43

Ah but could he wear his fluffy slippers with as much pride as you Sharron ? :-D

Eldrick

Eldrick Report 8 May 2017 20:45

Absolutely. But not everyone has that choice.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 May 2017 21:47

I am grateful every day that I do ,Eldrick.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 May 2017 22:14

I wish I'd spotted your post in time, Rollo, but I've been busy of late. I hope I can watch it on iplayer.

I love dance and dance interpretation - it's a family thing, having had several dancers and a choreographer in the family. We are a varied bunch, I'm pleased to say.

Dancing is a joyous experience and it leaves participants with such a buzz and a feel-good factor. It's good for the soul.