General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Had the call .............

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 May 2017 22:05

I need someone to bake a cake with a file in the centre of it :-D

Woman, good English ............ CRA (Canadian Revenue Agency) has found me out, and I am heading for imprisonment

unless I phone the following number IMMEDIATELY

it was a robo call so I couldn't tell her where to go!

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 9 May 2017 22:07

oooer!!!!! ;-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 May 2017 22:12

Did they say Have a nice day at the end that's the killer.....?

Allan

Allan Report 9 May 2017 23:09

Very similar to the ones in Oz :-D

Threats of 'the local policeman will visit you', immediate imprisonment etc and ends with 'enjoy your day' :-D :-D

edit... with the approach of the new financial year in July, I'm expecting more of these calls from the tax office ;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 10 May 2017 00:42

You were probably better brought up than I was anyway.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 May 2017 03:43

Allan .............. April 30 is the last day to file our tax returns fro the last calendar year.

Unfortunately for her ............ I know my rather large refund went into the bank about 2 weeks ago. CRA took too much tax off me at source last year fro some unknown reason.

I don't know whether she ended by saying "have a nice day", 'cos I hung up on her!!!

Sharron .......... not so sure about that!

I have learnt some pretty choice words and phrases over the years :-D