General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long lost Families

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 May 2017 22:31

How sad was that

Keep the tears flowing my Andex shares are soaring :-D :-D

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 9 May 2017 22:42

I found it very sad, more so when all four siblings got together at the end, very emotional.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 May 2017 23:56

I found it so sad that a mother can continue to have children and give them away, but it was lovely that the siblings and half siblings met and bonded.

As for the mother who wouldn't have anything to do with her children because of her new family, I thought that was awful. She must be hiding things from them, I wonder what they would think if they knew she had shunned their half siblings. Living a lie must be diffcult and one day things might come out, meantime, years are being wasted.

Am looking forward to more episodes...

Lizx

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 May 2017 12:06

I thought the saddest part was

The Mother who was in denial
But if she watched the show
She may change her mind :-( :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 May 2017 16:30

I forgot about it but managed to view it today on catchup

What a shame the mum didn't want to know but who knows what trauma she had that she had to give her children up
Would doubt she would look at the program and hope none of her current family did that would identify her . But bluff will out if any of her family query the name

Lovely the four siblings found each other especially as the eldetst brother only knew of his younger sister

It's such a shame that folks don't think of their kiddies when they do things that will affect them

Have set the series up to record so I don't miss future episodes

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 10 May 2017 18:42

My heart went out to the four siblings.

I hope that mother saw the programme and changed her mind to meet
though I doubt it very much.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 May 2017 18:43

I felt for the four siblings to :-D :-D