General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2017 claims another .. Sir Roger Moore

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 23 May 2017 14:23

Rodger Moore has died in Switzerland.

RIP 007. XXX

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 23 May 2017 14:31

Lets make him a Saint
Opps somebody already did

Nighty night Simon Templar
My childhood Hero :-( :-( :-(

Linda

Linda Report 23 May 2017 14:35

Just heard the news I liked him in the Saint

RIP the Saint xxxx

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 May 2017 14:41

lovely man - RIP Roger <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2017 15:18

Sorry didn't see this thread and posted the following on Shirley's thread

A statement was released today on the James Bond star's Twitter account by his family.

It read: "With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated."

He died in Switzerland after a short battle with cancer.

The London-born star is best known for playing famous secret agent 007.

He starred in seven Bond movies between 1973 and 1985.

Before his glittering movie career, Sir Roger served in the Royal Army Service Corps as a second lieutenant, after being conscripted for national service shortly after the end of the Second World War.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2017 15:18

I really liked him, especially in the Saint. Loved the twinkle in his eye.

Barbra

Barbra Report 23 May 2017 23:26

He had a lovely smile & cheeky handsome face Rip .Roger <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 May 2017 23:35

Rest in peace, Sir Roger. A life well lived, you live on in your films and roles you have played in public and private.

Lizx

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 24 May 2017 13:19

I Always liked his films and use to love watching him in the Persuaders with Tony Curtis.

Rest in Peace Sir Roger

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 May 2017 18:24

It was the raised eyebrow and glint in the eye which he developed in the Saint series and later on became his trademark as Bond that captured me

That, and the corny but slightly risque line at the very end of each Bond film - only Roger Moore could have got away with it.

Priceless.....!

We also have a local connection in that the Karl-Marx-Stadt railways scenes in Octopussy were shot at the Nene Valley Railway, close to where we now live.

Indeed, we can recognise the very locations where most of them were filmed. The location for the border crossing is less than ten minutes walk from our house.

R.I.P.