General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roger Moore has passed away

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 May 2017 14:55

Sadly at home in Switzerland aged 89 after a short battle with cancer but with his family with him

I liked his tongue in cheek James Bond even though Sean Connery to me could be the only James Bond

http://thisisheart.co/PKsLF4

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2017 15:15

released by his family

A statement was released today on the James Bond star's Twitter account by his family.

It read: "With the heaviest of hearts, we must share the awful news that our father, Sir Roger Moore, passed away today. We are all devastated."

He died in Switzerland after a short battle with cancer.

The London-born star is best known for playing famous secret agent 007.

He starred in seven Bond movies between 1973 and 1985.

Before his glittering movie career, Sir Roger served in the Royal Army Service Corps as a second lieutenant, after being conscripted for national service shortly after the end of the Second World War.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 23 May 2017 15:16

I did like him, loved the twinkle in his eye. What a good age though.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 May 2017 16:20

Suave charming granite gold plated.
I loved him in the Saint.
Very wisely he did not emulate Connery but brought his own tongue in cheek interpretation to Bond. Big hit.

His Bond and the Saint remain very watchable. No actor could wish for more as an epitaph.

PollyinBrum

PollyinBrum Report 23 May 2017 17:27

He started his career as a male model, modelling for
mens knitted sweaters. My dear Aunt was a great knitter and has lots of patterns. I have never been able to knit, but I loved to look at the patterns ;-)

I saw him on tv last year. Still so charming and funny.

RIP Roger. <3

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 May 2017 18:22

I knew him more for his Simon Templar roles....

The Saint...