General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have I been Had?(or nearly)?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 1 Jun 2017 11:01

have for some time had abysmal internet speeds with T/T...and my computer is like wading through treacle, at times...after many complaints, i've
always been contacted on phone by foreign agents with almost intelligible accents...
yesterday and today,
today I was instructed to do various things, on event viewer, and eventually via a "tree" page was told my router is knackered and I am due a refund of £200...

then advised to open google and arrived at a T/T refund page containing about 12 bank logos... click on your bank.....Eh? no way.....

Now sceptical I am, and possibly a little gullible..............but was this genuine

?why cant they just send a new router?

Bob

Oh! btw....download speed .64 Mbps.........up .45Mbps....

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Jun 2017 11:23

I'd be suspicious. TT say they can arrange refunds through your linked bank account.
https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/request-refund
Unless you're different accounts linked to different components of your contract , there's no need for you to give details.

Digging deeper...

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/scam-phone-calls

You've been had.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 1 Jun 2017 11:29

My mother has TalkTalk and YouView.
TT delivers 37Gb after openreach upgraded her phone so it connected to fibre in cabinet. New phone socket, £65 charge.
Whenever I need to contact TT they speak normal English and are helpful. When I asked for a new router it arrived by courier in a few days foc.
Your mileage may vary.

Hilary

Hilary Report 2 Jun 2017 06:01

Constantly get phone calls from foreign parts who say they are from TT, always telling us we have been hacked including our router. We just put phone down on them now as believe they are all scams. If we have a problem WE call them & they have always dealt with it & they speak English.