General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh, Grief!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2017 00:47

I heard Betty (cat) playing behind me - between me and the kitchen - I presumed it was a hair tie she was playing with (her favourite 'toy').
She stopped.
Then started again, in the kitchen.
She's only gone and caught a mouse (thankfully now dead), but so fresh there are blood trails where she's 'played' with it.
As I wouldn't want to discourage her from this useful pastime, I shall now have to wait until she comes out of the kitchen (minus mouse) to dispose of it :-(

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Jun 2017 00:49

Lucky you :-(...could be worse she could have played with it and not killed it but left it in your bed

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2017 00:58

True - but Betty rarely comes upstairs - and never goes on my bed.

George (another cat) brought one in alive once and let it go. It hid in the fireplace.
George (being male) disappeared after a few minutes.
Betty came to my rescue, we spent half an hour trying to get this poor mouse out of the fireplace (me with a poker, Betty 'on guard' to catch it)
Eventually it made a run for it - and Betty killed it with the first bite.

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Jun 2017 01:29

Never bored with a cat are you :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jun 2017 01:49

Bored? No.
Peed off? Many a time. :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Jun 2017 02:09

:-D

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 14 Jun 2017 13:38

Thankfully mine little terror leaves his outside and only plays with his catnip tous inside. Have buried my share of birds over the years.

My friends Siamese cat Penelope use to bring live grass snakes in through the cat flap & leave them in the Kitchen for him - transparently she would round them up if they moved too far from where she wanted them to be.

I would have run screaming from the house hate the things

Tawny

Tawny Report 14 Jun 2017 21:03

Gizmo's favourite thing to play with is sadly blue tits which he brings in alive and then invariably lets go. The whole family gets to play catch the bird.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jun 2017 21:12

Tabitha - you have grass snakes - lucky you :-D
I have slow worms - but the cats were discouraged from an early age from catching them. It's the only thing I would take off them and say 'No' to.

Tawny - I'd imagine a live mouse is easier to catch than a bird :-0

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 15 Jun 2017 13:10

We know when Gwyneth brings in a mouse, the meow changes pitch, if mouse is dead she usually plays with it before attempting to eat it - Yuk. I try to get into the kitchen and tell her to take it outside which she often does. We don't get many live mice.

Tabitha

Tabitha Report 15 Jun 2017 13:33

It was my friends cat who had the Grass snakes - they lived on the downs .

i would run a mile if i saw one - luckily I dont get to see slow worms either as they send me into a fit too - anything that wiggles along the ground & is big.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Jun 2017 16:31

Shelley Rose - your cat is called Gwyneth? :-D :-D :-D

Tabitha "anything that wiggles along the ground & is big"............ :-0
Not much I can say to that.......... :-D :-D :-D :-D

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 16 Jun 2017 17:26

maggiewinchester yep my cat is called Gwyneth (oh calls her many other things lol) she's a rescue cat and came with the name, she was 4 yrs old when we got her, I didn't have the heart to change her name, it really suits her (I'm welsh anyway). :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Jun 2017 18:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D