General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How strange is this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 6 Jul 2017 00:41

For the last 12 years I have had some really good friends that I met here in Spain.
This year T´s Mum asked if her friends could rent my flat. I agreed and they were lovely oh boy I will have them back in a heartbeat.

Tonight my fiends who are on holiday in Cornwall ran into some friend,who they have known for 40 years . ! and chatting the friends said thy spent time in Los Alcazares with a lady who had 3 dogs works for a shelter . My Friends said Joking not J & T ,,,,well it was us
Now how weird is that

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 6 Jul 2017 00:59

Small world, Uzzi!

We left the rented cottage in Tideswell in June but stayed an extra night in a pub b and b to see the Wakes week parade etc. I had mislaid my sunglasses so called back to the cottage to see if I had left them there, and the new holidaymakers turned out to
be from Norwich like us.

Lizxx

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 7 Jul 2017 16:58

Late last year we met up with some 'cousins', A and T, found through genealogy, they mentioned they had a caravan on a village site in the Lake District. Fast forward 6 months and I met up with some more 'cousins' from the other side of the family, who said they were going to their caravan in the same village. I said that A and T had a caravan in the same village, but wasn't sure of the site. Got a text saying they had all met up by chance! And got on really well too.