General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tight Fit--"The lion sleeps tonight""

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 7 Jul 2017 23:32

I can't so I thought I'd sit here and write to all my Genes Chat Room Friends...
Hi out there if anybody's tuning in...Welcome to a quite warm Oxfordshire...Most of you know about the Fairy Garden I have created for my late wife,,I looked out the landing window just now and the bottom of the garden looks like Blackpool illuminations...Just ordered some more lighting..Going to put submerssible solar lamps in the ponds...
Wondering what to do to celebrate our 64th anniversary at end of August..Audrey loved picnics and old fashioned tea parties..so I've thought of clearing some of the ground behind her grave,,getting it mowed and have a big family picnic so she's there with us..Does it sound good to any of you??? LIZ (Purple Diamond) would love it if you could come for weekend and join us..Audrey only met you once but she thought the world of you,,plus your a family member anyhow being her 2nd cousin....WOW!!! My eyes have started getting heavy so guess I'll try for some sleep after all....Night night everybody...Sleep well... <3 <3 <3...LES..

Mersey

Mersey Report 7 Jul 2017 23:39

Hi Les :-D <3 sounds such a lovely thing to do <3 <3

Nitey~~~~nite sleep well <3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jul 2017 00:37

Hi Les,
My late brother in law is buried at East Meon Sustainability Centre.
He died 10 years ago, aged 57, from mesothelioma - contracted from a job both he and my ex were working on many years ago.
Every year, on his birthday in June, we have a family gathering/picnic there.
It's great fun, lots of laughs - and last year, the grandchildren actually saw a grass snake!! :-D :-D :-D

I'm pleased to say, they just stood around it - no prodding or poking - (one coming to tell the adults).
I went to identify if (first one I'd seen! :-D)
Their day (and mine) was made :-D :-D :-D

Edit: this may sound weird, but my ex husband (late B-in-Law's best mate) got married at the Sustainability Centre last August.
Ex only has a brother, who lives in Australia (though he came over for the wedding)

Me and my siblings, and families were invited (though if I hadn't gone, neither would any of my siblings or their families) - it was marriage number 3 for him (I was wife No. 1), and yes, I do get on with his wife - though when her friends/ relations found out who I was, they were a wee bit gobsmacked!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jul 2017 08:36

Maggie I hope they were gob smacked in a nice way!

Les that would be lovely, to have a family picnic with audrey, If she is buried in a municible churchyard though you might need permission to mow the grass. your fairy grotto sounds beautiful at night. We have lots of solar lights and they look great as well.

kandj

kandj Report 8 Jul 2017 12:19

Les, I hope you managed to sleep well last night. Having your family together in
the churchyard needn't be a morbid affair. What an opportunity for you all to share
happy memories of Audrey on your special day. Keep focused, you are doing well xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jul 2017 12:36

That's a long time Les .51years for me in September ..you do what you think is best go with your Heart x (((((hug)))))) from me :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 Jul 2017 02:05

Hello Les

It sounds a lovely idea if you can get permission! If not, picnic in your garden with the fairies. Where ever you are, Audrey will be there too.

Let me know the date and I will see what I can do.

I have a busy time ahead with visiting family in Chelmsford and family weddings happening. I had to alter our arrangements already as my son and I received an invitation (with our partners) to his cousin's wedding in Brentwood in mid August. Son's fiancee can't attend and my o.h. doesn't cope well with strangers so my son and I are going together. It will be nice to spend some time with him and we will also be able to catch up with a cousin of mine, who lives in Hornchurch where we have booked an hotel. (No rooms in Brentwood because of V festival). Actually she is a cousin on Audrey's side, Les. Last time I saw her her twins were toddlers, now they are coming up to 21 !

Send me the date and I will let you know

Love,
Lizxx