General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

35 years ago

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2017 04:13

I was giving birth to my son. I can hardly believe so many years have gone by so quickly. In a couple of weeks time I will be twice his age!

Still no sign of a 'real' grandchild from him and his fiancee but I live in hope. He is a popular young man with many good friends and he works hard. He makes me proud of the kind, caring man he's become, he's taken on his fiancee's 9 year old son and they have a good relationship together.

We will be spending time together later today, and in August we will be going to my son's half-Maltese cousin's wedding in Brentwood which will be really nice, driving down together, and staying in an hotel for a couple of nights, catching up with tne bride's family, and then a cousin of mine too. I am really looking forward to it.

Happy Birthday, Son, hope life brings all you wish for and more

Love

Mumxxx

Mersey

Mersey Report 10 Jul 2017 09:37

Happy Birthday to your son Liz :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 10 Jul 2017 21:50

Thanks, Mersey

Met him from work and spent time with him and his little family, including the latest addition, Jeremy, the Devon Rex kitten. He is15 weeks old and so tiny, but incredibly cute.

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Jul 2017 21:59

Happy Birthday, Liz's son!! :-D :-D

Sallie

Sallie Report 10 Jul 2017 22:08

Happy Birthday to your son Liz. Yes I know that your son and my son Richard were both born in 1985, Richard was 35 in March and your son in July. And of course both you and I were born in July 1947, as you say we are twice their age.

Just want to say thank you for the lovely card you sent me, it is very pretty. Thank you.

Love, Sallie.xx <3 :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Jul 2017 04:36

Thanks, Maggie and Sallie.

I am glad you liked the card, Sallie, sorry if it arrived late.

Our lads were born in 1982, we weren't young mums, were we, but 70 seemed so far away at the time! It's certainly caught me on the hop, my head can't catch up with the years lol altho my body lets me know how hard I have used it.

Here's to the next 35+ years for our boys, and us too lol

Lizxx

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Jul 2017 19:07

Sorry I'm late Liz, but hope both you and your son had a very happy day :-D xx

Sallie

Sallie Report 11 Jul 2017 23:05

Liz, we will do well to live another 35 years, we would be 105. lolol. I think we would probably be pushing up daisies long before then.....but if we both get to that age we will have to get together for a special celebration. lolol!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 11 Jul 2017 23:15

Lol Sallie, my son says he is sure I will be around for years to come, just to annoy him lol if we make 105 I will get him to push my wheelchair to you, ok?

Thanks Nyx, it was good to spend time with him as he's always so busy with work etc

He has booked the afternoon off for my birthday, bless him

Lizxx

Leslie

Leslie Report 12 Jul 2017 22:47

Liz darling,,your much to young to have a son of 35...As your my 2nd cousin in law that makes him my 2nd cousin in law once removed doesn't it?? Blimey---ain't it complicated.. Love yer babe...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BOY...Might get to meet him one day as well eh??? LES...XXxx

Leslie

Leslie Report 12 Jul 2017 22:50

OY!! Young Liz...My birthday's in a couple of weeks,,24th,,what dates yours??? I need to put it in my book PLEASE.....Love....LES...xxx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jul 2017 00:11

Hi Les

Sorry I didn't get round to responding to your latest email, had quite a few to answer, and was quite surprised to see your birth date.

You won't believe this, my birthday is the day after yours, the 25th July lol so we are both Leos!! Special eh?

I will have to try and get my lad to come visit with me.

Nightnight

Lizxx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 13 Jul 2017 20:18

Dear Purple

Hello

Hope your son had a lovely day.

A very happy birthday to him.

Take gentle care
Special wishes to you,

Elizabeth, EOS
xx

kandj

kandj Report 13 Jul 2017 21:45

Sorry to be late Liz, but I hope that your son had a Happy Birthday and that you both
enjoyed spending special time together on Monday. xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Jul 2017 00:24

Thank you Elizabeth, and Kandj. I am looking forward to our visit to Hornchurch together and his cousin's wedding in Brentwood in mid August.

Lizxx