General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Subs renewal time again

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Jul 2017 15:12

I have just received the usual email from Genes telling me my subs are due.

It includes a sentence that says if they can't collect my subs by Direct Debit because I have a new card, they will let me know and I can advise them of the new card number.

Last time I had a new card I tried to tell them in advance - incredibly complicated!!

Please can someone who has told Genes their new card number after the DD failed, let me know if the subs are still the same, or if they increase them to the current rate because of the "gap" before renewal.

For anyone interested, mine are still £8.96 for six months.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Jul 2017 15:23

My card expired last year and they advised me the following day when I set up new details. I now pay via PayPal. The rate stays the same, provided you renew straight away.

Incidentally if you pay by card then Direct Debit isn't involved. It is important to realise that as payment by card does not necessarily afford the same protection you get with a Direct Debit.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Jul 2017 16:00

Thank you IGP. I knew someone would know the answer. :-)

All I need to do now is make sure I access my emails on the relevant date.

Joy

Joy Report 24 Jul 2017 16:43

I never have an email :(

:)

21 Jun 2017

Thank you Joy Dean,

Your payment has been received and you are now a Standard member of Genes Reunited.

You have been billed £6.75 GBP for a 12 month Standard membership.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Jul 2017 17:19

Do you get an email if someone sends you a PM?

I haven't looked, but I think there's somewhere you can say whether you want advisory emails from Genes or not.

Unlike some sites, they don't pester you with lots of unwanted stuff, so I find it quite useful.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Jul 2017 23:14

I had to change my details as, one year, my daughter bought my subscription.
After her paying for 2 years, I felt I should change the payment details.
It stayed the same (darned cheap as we were here first!)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jul 2017 00:07

I didn't get an email when my sub came up for renewal earlier this year. :-(

I just happened to see that it said Renew on the top line. I had to click on that to find out the due date, then had to remember to click again when it was time to renew

Allan

Allan Report 25 Jul 2017 00:11

Andysmum, I have been receiving emails advising me that I have PM's.

I've just renewed for six months at the usual rate (for me) of Aus$17.98.

I was advised in the email saying that my old subs were about to expire that the rate would remain valid for 28 days after expiry