General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

S U M M E R ? ? ? ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leslie

Leslie Report 8 Aug 2017 09:20

What a morning here in Oxfordshire...Some minor roads already closed due to flooding now there's an extra wide load broken down.. Where has summer gone?? If anybody out there in Genes Chat Land has any spare sunshine can we borrow some please?? We'll let you have it back when our sunshine returns--honest we will....
Morning everybody...Got to keep cheerful ain't we??? Lets all have a quiet minute and enjoy a Mersey smile together...You never know it might bring the sun back..
How's our "Purple"?? You OK darling??
ONE STAR
There is one star that shines for me.
There is one hope that bids me strive again;
One sweetest flower,one peal of harmonie
That ends in loves fond true refrain..

The firmament with stars may studded be,
The lyre of hope be tuned to many a string;
In all earth's garden,thou art best to me,
And thy dear voice can only sweetness bring..

Harmonie is another name for a nightingale..

<3 <3 <3 <3 LES....

YG

YG Report 8 Aug 2017 09:36

Morning Les :-) :-)

No sunshine in Yorkshire, I'm afraid! Just rain, rain and more rain. It sounds as though you need more than wellies and raincoat.

I'm going to keep smiling through it and hope that the sun returns before I have to go back to work next week :-D :-D :-D <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 8 Aug 2017 10:02

Les we had rain on Sunday and cloudy most of yesterday - that's not supposed to happen here :-S

:-D <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Aug 2017 10:15

High Five to that Les!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D

Enjoy your day and with a smile add a cheeky wink, puts a skip in your step :-D :-D ;-) <3

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Aug 2017 12:47

The much derived climate change hypothesis predicts for North West Europe cold, wet winters and cool, wet summers with wild gyrations to extreme heat and cold.

You can read about previous instances of weakening of the Gulf stream in history books and maybe warming stories of survival and starvation in ancestors C17 and C18 diaries.

Of course none of this could happen again....

magpie

magpie Report 8 Aug 2017 13:41

No rain here in Wiltshire this morning! COT outside in the garden owing to glimpses of the sun and washing hung out!! Not sure about his afternoon though :-0

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 8 Aug 2017 13:54

Brilliant sunshine at the moment not far from the Channel coast, but rain earlier and more forecast for around 4 pm. Hopefully the washing will be almost dry by then.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 8 Aug 2017 15:20

We were forecast heavy rain at 1pm by the BBC...Didn't happen...It has actually been very pleasant and my washing has dried on the line:-D

I hope they have also got it wrong for Thursday to Saturday as I shall be sitting in a field at a festival and the current forecast is not good :-( They are forecasting 18-20 degrees and cloudy, I need it at least 22 and sunny:-|

Chris

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 8 Aug 2017 15:45

Well my holiday in Spain has gone 'cos I am looking after snr.cat who has kidney cancer but seems to be in no rush to depart despite the dark forbodings of the vets. Somehow word has leaked I am around so flee I must, not that rainy Islington in August has a lot going for even if not so dull as Sandy, Beds.

O.h. who likes the heat has swanned off to Spain with son.
I am going to the hopefully sunny Channel coast staying at a cat friendly establishment.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 8 Aug 2017 17:21

Rollo

I hope OH and son have plenty of sun screen! Ex brother in law is in the outskirts of Alicante and he says it is HOT!!!!

Doesn't look like you will need it on the south coast.....But it will be more comfortable for snr. cat. :-D

Chris

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Aug 2017 17:30

Love to Les x Well it has been raining in Dumfries & Galloway .got it wrong again on the Telly never mind its warm xx <3 :-D Barbra

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Aug 2017 21:21

Hi Les we were on a coach trip today.We left Gloucester at 9am in thick cloud, which stayed with us until south of Bridgewater. Gradually it brightened and by the time we reached a Dunster the sun was shining, that was at 11am, it was glorious, quite hot sunny and blue sky all day, we left there at 5pm and it was sunny until we got near Bristol and thick cloud and some rain all the way home.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Aug 2017 22:55

Lashed it down here!! :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Aug 2017 08:29

Apparently localised flooding closed lanes on the M20 London bound near Ashford yesterday evening.
That's not too far away and yet we had just a glimpse of rain, but not even enough to warrant putting up an umbrella.

Often weather conditions vary considerably around here, so it makes it difficult to predict what might happen.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Aug 2017 08:31

Lashing it down here today too! :-( :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Aug 2017 11:05

And here. OH finally gave up on golf and came home soaking wet, and I have just done the washing so more in the bin now. :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Aug 2017 18:16

This afternoon was a bit brighter and no rain.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Aug 2017 20:29

Les I have every sympathy for you. I am happy some of you are getting decent days but I feel as though it has been raining forever here. Some days we have had little breaks between the showers but today it has been falling down really heavily all day and is showing no sign of even easing up a bit :-(

Next time someone tells me that I live in the driest part of the country I shall explode!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 9 Aug 2017 22:46

We have had a beautiful day - for a change! Sun shining, not a cloud in the sky and hot. Forecast is for the same again tomorrow and then more rain. :-( :-(

Unlike Joan, who is on the drier side of the country, we have had one of the wettest summers ever, and June was the wettest on record! It was also the hottest down south.

You win some - you lose some. :-)