General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I know this is sad BUT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 23 Aug 2017 11:37

is anyone else having problems with Facebook . I cannot get on it tells me the page is not available......................

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Aug 2017 11:55

I have been on it several times this morning

just tried again and gone straight in

;-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Aug 2017 12:02

I was on it and then it went off.

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Aug 2017 12:29

Seems there is a problem but not affecting everyone right now but give it time...

MaryinSpain

MaryinSpain Report 23 Aug 2017 12:54

Thanks for replies . we thought hubbie had done something as I lost emails earlier but that has been put right . but Fb still broke.

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Aug 2017 13:02

Seems if you go to incognito mode on google chrome it fixes it...don't ask me how though :-D

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 23 Aug 2017 19:06

Where is this Facebook then?

I keep getting emails telling me that I have several messages which will be deleted as I haven't visited recently.

I thought I might visit for a weekend break but none of the booking sites seem to have it listed.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 23 Aug 2017 21:18

F5 force reload usually works with stuck Web sites Inc F.B.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Aug 2017 07:08

It isn't sad Mary - Facebook is a tremendous facility when it is used properly. It's great to be able to keep in touch with family and friends from all over the world. I also find it good for the news and views of things I am interested in.

For those who aren't able to get out and about as they used to, FB is a way of keeping in touch with the outside world - maybe play a game or have a 'chat' with a friend.

As with life, there will always be those who misuse and spoil things, but taken as a whole, I think FB is fabulous.

By the way, I have come across your problem several times. I do sometimes click F5 but also find that a double click works as well. I think it is one of those 'glitches' we come across occasionally. :-D

Joy

Joy Report 24 Aug 2017 08:46

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-down-not-working-app-website-broken-loading-problem-cache-refresh-a7907996.html
Facebook appears to have stopped working for some people.

People visiting the website are unable to see it, apparently because of a technical problem.

The website Down Detector reported that most people were seeing a "total blackout" on the site, meaning that it wouldn't load.

But it appears that forcing the computer to reload the page can bring the site back to life. That's done by holding down shift and then refreshing the page.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 24 Aug 2017 10:43

The problem is with some Fb code for push notifications mainly impacting Chrome. It is not a new bug. Other browsers may suffer depending on settings and apps installed esp adblock and av.

Fix is to just click on the page and if that fails force refresh. still no joy flush cache. Using a different browser may work.

Life is possible without Facebook and its imitators. Not being on Fb can give the convenient impression that you are deceased thus eliminating a lot of timewasting idiots from your life. My O.H. though is an addict :-(