General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes Support

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kense

Kense Report 29 Aug 2017 16:33

Anyone who doesn't use Facebook but has sent a message to support over the weekend may be interested in this GenesReunited post of a few hours ago:

"Over the weekend, we experienced some technical issues with receiving emails from our customers. If you’ve sent an email to [email protected] and you’ve not yet received a reply, please re-send and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible."

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Aug 2017 16:41

I would have thought it would be better if they put an announcement on this site. I don't think they care much about their subscribers on here any more. It's no wonder people seem to be leaving in droves.

Kath. x

David

David Report 29 Aug 2017 17:01

Thank you Kath, I found that helpful.

David

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Aug 2017 18:10

So they just deleted them all by mistake over the weekend then did they, rather than reply with their standard non reply.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 Aug 2017 18:16

Kath .......

they have "preferred" FB for many years!!!

How many times have we complained about it?!

Caroline .............

there were lots of prolems with FB over the weekend. People have been complaining on several sites that I use about not being able to get onto FB, not being able to get onto a site, being able to open a site and read posts but not being able to post ............... you name it, someone experienced it.

I wonder if, being generous, GR realised that there had been a problem and that people MIGHT have emailed them but without success.

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Aug 2017 00:32

Were there problems I didn't notice sorry but I was half joking anyway..

Joy

Joy Report 30 Aug 2017 09:07

Genes reunited website seems forgotten yet again.

I have posted on Genes reunited's page in facebook:

Please post this on your website; not all members of genes reunited are on facebook. Thank you.

David

David Report 30 Aug 2017 10:41

They always manage to find me for subs <3

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Aug 2017 16:34

I was told sometime ago, by a GR member who took part in a survey, that GR was now run by people working part time from home. I don't know if this is a fact or not but it wouldn't surprise me.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Aug 2017 16:42

Wherever they are working it doesn't excuse them ignoring those that pay their wages and keep GR afloat.

Ignore us at your peril GR employees, it's getting noticeable how many members have left. More will follow if you think it's good policy to ignore the members.

It's been 2 years now since you bothered putting anything on announcements.

:-( :-| :-\

David

David Report 30 Aug 2017 17:16

Several years ago I sometimes had a look at their sister site Friends Reunited

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Aug 2017 17:42

I have noticed that any email contact that I have had, or that has been posted on here by other members, is 90% from the same name ............ as if only one person is answering.

The phone number for GR is the very close to that for FMP

The address for GR is exactly the same as FMP

The Registration Number for the Data Protection Act is exactly the same for GR and FMP

My belief ............... everything is now run by FMP, and one person is "responsible" for GR, working from a desk in te FMP office.

That all fits in with what I have believed and said openly for years, ever since GR was taken over by the current owners .................... FMP was the site to be maintained, GR would be let slide until it either a) was time to go to the Competitions Board and request that it be dissolved, or b) GR returned to what it was in the original days.

GR as originally set up was a free site for people to build trees, then the question of members contacting members was raised, and Boards were set up so contact could be made and questions could be answered by other members ....... and the first charge for using that facility was instituted. I think it was originally £5, it was £6 when I joined in 2004.

ITV took over, and suddenly access was provided to records on other sites for a much increased membership fee ........... GR has never carried its own records apart from member trees.