General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ok so who has the tissues

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Sep 2017 21:43

Long Lost Family.

Doesn't often get me, but ...

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Sep 2017 21:45

Same here even OH is getting emotional over this one

Andrew

Andrew Report 6 Sep 2017 21:46

Annouced at the start that one of the people taking part died yesterday......and dedicated the programme to him.

Andy

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Sep 2017 21:56

Andy, yes I heard that at the beginning :-(

It just seems particularly awful when it is too late or as in this case found but given such a short time together. :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Sep 2017 21:58

Lots of sniffles here now

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Sep 2017 00:38

So very sad :-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Sep 2017 10:13

Very sad
Thought the brother who lived in Canada looked very frail
Wondered too why they didn't fly the brother out to Canada rather than bringing the guy in
Having done the flight it's very long about 10 hours and the jet lag to the uk is overpowing
Took me a week to get over it so I was surprised to see the gentleman came over

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 7 Sep 2017 21:56

He was frail because he had badly injured his back in the past which obviously affected him but he had come back a second time so must have felt able to. Maybe the English brother can't fly for some reason or because the brother abroad had fewer ties, was able to travel without too much hassle. At least he was able to spend time with all his brother's family before he died.

Lizx

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 7 Sep 2017 22:28

Sorry but I must have missed it.Who died the frail brother or the 73 yr old in England.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 7 Sep 2017 22:43

It was Julian, the frail brother that came over from Canada, Sue.
It was announced just before the programme started that he died the day before (Tuesday) :-(

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 8 Sep 2017 21:48

Just read this. saw (most of) the program and like others, wondered why the brother from Canada came to see the one in the U.K. instead of the other way round.
I missed the announcement at the beginning, but after seeing how frail Julian looked, and hearing him say things like "grateful to have some time left to see my brother" or words to that effect, I was expecting to see an announcement of his death at the end. was really pleased to see that he had made a second vivit.

So, it is only now, that I see that Julian did in fact die.

I am wondering if he knew if he did not have a lot of time left.

I hope that his family meet (if they haven't already), their fathers/grandfathers English family.

R.I.P. Julian.

Condolences to the rest of the family.

Rambling

Rambling Report 8 Sep 2017 22:00

I think Julian knew he had only a little time left, maybe why he made the journey and a second visit quickly.

Very very sad. I do hope both families now keep in touch.