General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Facebook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Sep 2017 00:41

It seem surreal, but hilarious.
My ex (father of my children) phoned me yesterday, so we congratulated each other on another grandchild :-D
We're both happy for her, she had a lot of sadness before she had her first child (at least 3 miscarriages).
My youngest has 'announced' the birth of Merryn on Facebook.
So, there's congratulations from many friends and relations.

Congratulations from J, a lovely lady who was a long time partner of my ex - and still in contact with my eldest, and 'friends' on FB with her.
Congratulations from his current (third) wife - who now bears the same name as me (but fortunately not on FB, as I use a nickname)
Congratulations from his second wife, who no-one is 'friends' with - but my girls are still 'friends' with her sons on FB - hence, when they 'like' she sees, and can comment!!

Just thinking what my gran would say :-D :-D :-D

Probably unprintable........

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 16 Sep 2017 00:46

Lol, what a complicated past your ex has, lol Maggie

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Sep 2017 00:57

I suppose he has, Liz.
I think I was lucky!! :-D :-D :-
(to escape when I did!) :-D :-D
Fortunately, we were friends, and that friendship has lasted - just couldn't live with each other! :-S

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 16 Sep 2017 09:32

Reminds me .......

I live in retirement flats and one day I returned to find a lady parked in my "space"
She introduced herself and said she was "Johns' partner" ( which was a surprise as he had appeared to live alone) and had come to collect some things as he had been admitted to hospital.

I think she must have seen my surprise as she continued with "we have been together 25 years but I cannot live with him - he has some disgusting habits"

Now every time I see John I wonder what ..... :-|

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Sep 2017 16:06

Elizabth ooh tantalising not to know.

I am pretty certain my Mother would find it very hard to accept the concept of people chatting to other people all over the world without ever meeting them, and to the amount of personal information and opinions that are freely written on facebook. she was a great believer in 'keeping herself to herself'! :-D