General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Census records showing in tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 21 Jan 2018 18:06

I have been having this problem since August 2017, when I go into my tree I am not getting the number of Census records available per person it only gives the number of tree possibilities. I just wondered if anyone else was having this problem or is it just me?
Also when I first sign in the "loading, please wait" doesn't appear to be working, again is this just me.
I have been a member for many years and not had this problem before.

Grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Jan 2018 18:11

On the very few people that I have on a tree on here, only tree matches are showing, no census.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Jan 2018 18:15

I only have tree matches on my tree too. I don't think the number of census records has ever been shown on there.

Kath. x

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 21 Jan 2018 18:52

KathleenBell is correct. The number refers to possible tree
matches.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Jan 2018 18:59

there did used to be two sets, one was tree matches, and the other matches to records.

"If you click on it it will tell you how many record matches and how many tree matches you have (and added they match the number in the rosette)

"If you are clicking on the purple star (which is how I have understood your query) and then on either records or matches, you will find them on the main screen underneath your tree!! "

the above from posts from a few years back

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Jan 2018 19:00

I remember particularly because while there were often some record matches for specific people in my tree there were never tree matches.

Sometimes it would be the other way round.

edit, from FT panel "Click on the purple icon to view record and tree matches with that name."

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Jan 2018 17:38

I definitely only have the purple stars with tree matches on my tree. No other records.

Kath. x

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 25 Jan 2018 10:59

I have checked my tree too and under the purple star,the record matches have vanished.
Tree matches only now
Although I never used the record link, they were definitely there before.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 25 Jan 2018 16:23

I have just checked mine and it is the same - only tree matches. As GL says, there were definitely two purple stars on some entries, one for tree matches and one for records.

Maureen

Maureen Report 25 Jan 2018 16:26

Thank you to all for your assistance, much appreciated. GR are looking into this for me