General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding an address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 Jan 2018 14:37

A couple of months ago my aunty passed away. While I was going through her stuff I found she had written the following in a book 'Kelly Robinson? Preston. At last found Jean's daughter' There was a phone number with it. Jean was my mum, who sadly past away 3 years ago. The thing is I never knew my mum had another daughter. I would love to get in contact with this person but I don't want to do it by phone. My reason for that is that I am deaf and I can't speak very well and don't want her to be scared by my voice. I also don't want to send a text as I feel that is very impersonnal. Is there anyway I can find the address of this person from their phone number. Can anyone help please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jan 2018 15:44

Try this site

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/person/

Put surname Robinson & place as Preston. Ignoring the initials, see if the phone number matches.
That might not work if Kelly is no longer a Robinson.

There are several internet search results for ‘reverse phone look up UK’.
https://who-called.co.uk is free to use but no good for a residential number.
Play around with the other results to see if they’re any good. Some might want to take a fee.

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 Jan 2018 16:12

Thankyou. Will give them a try let you know how I get on

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 Jan 2018 16:25

It is a mobile number that I have. Tried both of your suggestions and the first one is for landlines the 2nd one just told me that it was an EE number. Thankyou very much for your help though. Those 2 sites are handy to have. I don't think I am ever going to find her address :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jan 2018 16:34

Ah. Although you don’t want to/can’t talk to her by phone, could you text her anyway? You could use the pretext of informing her of your aunts death.

Perhaps you could suggest she chooses something which belonged to your aunt as a keepsake? While appreciating your aunt’s effects could have been distributed, there’s always the possibility of sending an old family photo.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jan 2018 16:35

Why not get someone to phone for you

You could work out what you want to be said for the first contact and get the person to use prompts when they speak first time

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jan 2018 16:49

Would you like GR members to try and track down Kelly via researching genealogical Records?

If you do, we’d need to know a bit about your mother.
Her birth name & your father’s surname
Where & when she was born
The area and year she married your father (assuming she did)
Might your mother have had a marriage/relationship before your father?
As you’ve no memory of a younger sister, would it be safe to assume Kelly would be older than you? If this is the case, you’d need to tell us that she’d likely to have been born before 19??

If it turns out she was adopted or taken into care, there are other avenues we can suggest you pursue.

Jayne

Jayne Report 22 Jan 2018 22:52

I think she must have been adopted. I have looked for a wedding for mum but can't find one. My mum had me later in life so if I put my mum to 16 when she had her Kelly could have been born anywhere between 1970 and 1996. I have thought about someone else ringing her but don't feel I could choose the right person to do it

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Jan 2018 23:29

What about asking a local vicar, priest or similar to make the call for you?

I hope you can find some way to make contact.

Lizx

Jayne

Jayne Report 31 Jan 2018 20:01

Thankyou everyone for your help. I will let you know how I get on x