General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unable to find info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 23 Jan 2018 12:56

Help I am new to this site and can't seem to find any of my relatives listed in any of the categories. Where am I going wrong?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jan 2018 13:07

GR’s primary focus is on records for England & Wales.

If your relatives lived there, perhaps you’re being too precise with your search parameters? Trying using the nearest large town or even the county in which they were born or lived.

William John might have been known as John W or even Jack W on census which can throw things. Relatives can also change their declared ages at the drop of a hat, or even might not be certain when they were born.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Jan 2018 13:12

If you’d like help, why not start a thread on Find Ancestors?
Tell us what you know & we’ll try to help.
Please stay at the keyboard for say 30mins as we’re bound to need some clarification. Check back when you can to see if there more replies.