General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coming back.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Feb 2018 20:29

All good things must come to an end and it really does look like Sharron might be coming back.

I have cooked another meal. We had the rest of that pie with boiled potatoes and some chard that happened to be hanging about in the garden.

Not only that, I used up that lemon curd I made yesterday that wouldn't fit in a jar and made a roly-poly. Now, I never use fat when making dumplings, just flour,salt, baking powder and water, so I had a go at making the roly the same way and it was fine. So I don't pay for suet again!

The dehydrator was fired up yesterday and I emptied it this morning. Fred's mate tried it all the bits with me. I told him he need not try the lemon slices because they are very intense and sour but he did and they were his favourite, he has taken the rest of the lemon home. Orange slices were excellent too, and the banana slices. Wasn't keen on the grapes but am hoping the little ones we have only, as yet, produced in the green house, will be used in fruit cakes.

I have chopped a lot of sage to go in the freezer and now there is some in the dehydrator.

Let's hope I can keep up the momentum but it doesn't matter if I can't I can actually stop when it gets too much now. That's new !

Caroline

Caroline Report 1 Feb 2018 20:36

Wow I'm feeling tired just reading this!! :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Feb 2018 23:12

Such progress Sharron, well done!

I like the sound of your rolypoly, I might give that a try! I like suet pastry but o.h. doesn't so he might like the suet-free stuff.

Your dehydrator seems to be worth buying and you are enjoying using it and saving things that otherwise might get wasted.

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Feb 2018 23:16

Thanks Liz.

I think things are moving because I am not pushing myself, which I have had to do all my life, and have done what I can when I have felt ready.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Feb 2018 23:43

Definitely the way to go! Well done! :-D :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Feb 2018 02:05

By far the best way, Sharron! Keep doing things at your own pace.

We are off to Sheringham on Sunday for a week in a cottage we haven't used before but which looks cosy and within easy walking distance of the beach and our favourite pubs/eateries. O.h. will be 64 on Monday, and always likes to spend his birthday away, preferably by the coast and Sheringham is favourite.

He finally has an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon about his knees, later in February. We are still waiting to hear from the psychiatrist for his memory tests.

In a year's time he will have retired from work! Heaven help me lol

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Feb 2018 18:48

Amazed myself again today.

OH and I worked together, we get more done that way. There were things in the cupboards that have been there since I lost the plot so we have had them out today. Far too much flour because I got out of the habit of making bread when Fred decided he didn't like it and would buy our bread on his forays. There were a fair few out of date nuts and things too.

Anyway, most of it will go on the compost, which pleases me, there was very little processed food to bin.

We have quite a lot more space in the kitchen now and will carry on all the way round as and when. I labelled all the marmalade, at last, and found a place to put it as well.

She's coming back I think!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 3 Feb 2018 23:50

Nice one, Sharron! It's amazing how fast things go out of date! I had to clear several things recently from my cupboards recently that o.h. bought to use on his
late shift meals and forgot about.

Lizxx

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Feb 2018 23:52

These were not just out of date, I would probably have used them if they had been, they were well out of date, by years.