General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do people really think these days?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 6 Feb 2018 13:55

Or is it just that they don't

I have run a children's club for many years and just before Christmas we decided to take the children to the local fire station as they had asked If we could. Our local station does tours for children's groups.

Myself and one fellow leader were waiting outside the fire station for one child's mother to pick them up. The fire station is opposite a night club which doesn't open until 10pm and this was 7.45pm

A woman walks up to us and says "Are you waiting to take her in there?" Pointing at the nightclub. The child was 7. What did she think we would be doing???

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Feb 2018 14:11

Some interesting people around your way!

Tawny

Tawny Report 6 Feb 2018 15:10

My workplace has lots of equally interesting people.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Feb 2018 16:19

Perhaps the nightclub runs children’s disco parties?

Tawny

Tawny Report 6 Feb 2018 16:24

Not this one. I did wonder though. This one is over 21 always and runs some over 25 only nights.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Feb 2018 16:28

In that case......how very strange!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 Feb 2018 22:02

Weird! :-S

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 6 Feb 2018 22:13

I sometimes wonder what planet some folk live on, they never cease to amaze me :-D