General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My strange domestic habits.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 11:21

While I have been incapacitated for such a ridiculous length of time, the house has descended into squalor, perhaps not of the magnitude my mother achieved but things are lying in the dust in which they fell.

Recently, as I have been leaving my dark place somewhat, I have been doing more to remedy this problem. What makes me think I must be even stranger than I thought, is the way I have been going about it.

I have been doing what I kind of instinctively feel I want to do and can cope with and, now, all but one of the kitchen cupboards is immaculate inside. Tidy, organized, shelves washed but only the inside. The outside is tidier but only because there is more room for it to be so now and a lot of out of date things, well out of date I might add, six years in one case, are on the compost heap.

Do you think doing it this way around might be an indication of a furtive and secretive mind?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Feb 2018 11:45

Not necessarily. You’re tackling cupboards one at a time. It’s not so daunting as having to sort out a whole room.
Keep up the good work :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Feb 2018 11:50

Sorry to disappoint youSharron I think that makes you normal.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Feb 2018 11:55

I'm impressed it sounds like a major challenge for anyone, and Lord knows we all put off tasks at some point or other so they can easily get out of hand add in illness....

You should feel very pleased, and I'm sure many of us have a cupboard/drawer or two we can let you lose on if you run out of projects to do in your home :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 12:00

Run out of projects!?

The whole bloody house is a project.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Feb 2018 12:08

But you're tackling them so you never know one day maybe....

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 12:17

I suppose I have now had the opportunity to think through how I am going to tackle things rather than have to run headlong at them with instruction coming from several angles.

It is probably the first time I have not felt overwhelmed by it all and things are being finished e:g the quilt.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Feb 2018 12:41

It can all overwhelm us at some point and you're overcoming a lot and doing better than many of us could. One day; or one cupboard; at a time is all anyone can do.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 12:46

I suppose I have moved on a bit from one day, a half peeled spud and back to knitting the dishcloths.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Feb 2018 18:22

When you've finished yours - could you come and do mine?

Pretty please? :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 18:25

It is different doing somebody elses.

I quite enjoyed cleaning somebody elses house and even did her ironing for her. It was job wasn't it?

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Feb 2018 18:31

Now you're talking ironing I think there might be a big line up......me at the front.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Feb 2018 18:39

Only if you do mine.

Caroline

Caroline Report 9 Feb 2018 18:42

Yeah....no :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Feb 2018 19:34

I know what you mean about it being easier to clean someone else's house Sharron! :-(