General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Disability concessions

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Mar 2018 12:55

Yesterday we visited the Weeping Window at Hereford Cathedral. Which was fantastic :-D :-D

Then wanting to see the Mappa Mundi and Chained Library exhibits we toddled off to the ticket counter.

The total for four adults was £24.00 which as we had a very restricted 30 minute parking allowance was just too expensive.

I ask the chap if the Cathedral offered disabled concessions and he replied that certainly he could do something for us.

We ended up paying just £10 in total (£5 for each disabled person and FOC for both carers).

I know CADW in Wales offers totally free at some attractions and others carer FOC but I had no idea what England's guidelines were.

It's always worth asking as these concessions are not advertised and offer great savings.

Sue

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2018 12:59

Before I tell you this ,let me say that we would not really do this but,having had the concessions for each of my parents at different times,we have joked about buying a wheelchair for when we go out.

My mother had the chair because of her heart condition and she could walk about but not very far so, when she was tottering off somewhere, one of us would have a bit of a rest in her chair.

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Mar 2018 13:08

lololol :-D :-D

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 28 Mar 2018 13:43

Me and M went into Dudley Zoo/Castle a few years ago with the couple you met yesterday as their carers and got a discount.

:-D :-D

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Mar 2018 13:57

That's the way to do it :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2018 16:23

I will get that wheelchair, then I can hire it out to people visiting attractions!

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2018 17:13

You could make a tidy sum Sharron :-)