General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

R.I.P. Little Alfie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Apr 2018 11:36

He passed in the night.

The end of a struggle that would never have been won. His condition was degenerative, it could only have become worse but it is all over now for him.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Apr 2018 12:37

R.I.P. Alfie.

I'm glad his parents seem to have reconciled with the hospital staff.

Personally I think that if the hospital didn't believe anything could have been done to save Alfie, that they should have let the parents take him abroad when they first wanted to. I'm sure his parents only wanted the best for their son and we would all do whatever we thought necessary to save our own children. It probably wouldn't have made a difference in the end but the money the hospital spent on court cases could have been put to better use.

Kath. x

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Apr 2018 12:43

How stressful would travelling have been for the little boy? It would have been a huge upheaval for him.

Madge

Madge Report 28 Apr 2018 12:57

I read that Rome was only offering palative care same as Alder Hay

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 28 Apr 2018 14:12

According to all the doctors spoken to all tv channels .Alfie wouldn't have lived through the journey to Rome..

RIP Little one.you are an Angel in Heaven with no illnesses and playing with the other children.

God Bless your Mum and Dad .

May they both get Peace in the Future.

Iris

Iris Report 28 Apr 2018 15:10

RIP,alfie

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Apr 2018 16:51

RIP little man .May God love & protect you ,

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Apr 2018 00:04

Much better to leave this life in the arms of your loving parents, rather than on a flight to Rome. <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 29 Apr 2018 00:11

Such a terrible situation for two young parents, who acted out of fear and desperation. I hope their lives can go on together, supporting each other through their pain and sadness as they return to some kind of normality. Their lives were on hold for so long, now they have to grieve their loss of little Alfie. I wish them peace, and hope little Alfie rests in peace till they are reunited.

Lizxx

Madge

Madge Report 29 Apr 2018 09:37

I have followed Alfie's journey for months and feel for the parents. I have been outraged at the abuse the Alder Hey have received, the nursing staff, people trying to attend their appointments with sick children being left terrified, the rent a mob mentality outside the hospital has made my blood boil. The things written about the Judges on social media by the supporters went beyond disgusting. Even yesterday morning people were posting live outside AlderHey saying that Alfie's Dad has barricaded himself inside Alfies room to stop them taking Alfies body,this was all fake news the family had left the hosptial. The replies of be some were stomach churning " they (Alder Hey) are trying to hide the evidence of the experiments they have done on Alfie"
Everyone get down to Alder Hey its kicking off. I read with utter disgust.

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Apr 2018 11:05

Madge I totally agree with you, every word!! Poor Alfie and his parents my heart
did/does go out to them but to see on the news as well as pass Alder Hey many times through some of what was being done, was not only scarey and upsetting it was
an absolute shock!!

There was a little girl in a wheelchair who had been out with her family to Sainsburys
over the road, we were in the car park and the poor little thing was shaking and crying
begging not wanting to go back that way....Her parents were also emotional!! It was
utter chaos!!

I was so relieved when Alfie's father asked for all to go home and try and make amends with the wonderful hospital...

To all at Alder Hey from the volunteers to the staff and doctors and above all the little ones being patients there ......
<3 <3 <3

To Alfie and his parents and (close family) my heart goes out to you and
hope you can find peace solace and reflection of Alfie <3 <3

Madge

Madge Report 29 Apr 2018 11:19

The rent amob idiots even read something that was not written in Tom's Statement asking them to go home.