General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ref family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 4 May 2018 17:40

:-( has anyone else had problems with genes reunited not taking subscriptions my family tree and all it's data has disappeared!!! Have used this site since 2006!! Doing my family tree I am hoping that they can retrieve it.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 May 2018 18:18

Accidental duplication

responses on the other thread ...........

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1371906

General

General Report 4 May 2018 18:24

Hi Ruth
Several years ago, I had the same problem, over 200 years of my family history disappeared; gone POOF!, just like that! As you can imagine, I was really pissed off about it, and raised hell with genes-reunited. However, immediately, they did the right thing.
They put Anthony Adolf, the "Who do you think you are" genealogist on the job, and he followed up all my own work and re-built my family tree. So, I have no complaints about the way G R handled my own case. Try to contact them and ask what is going on?

Cheers

Ian McKay M A
http://Ian-Mckay.com

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 May 2018 19:33

Ian

There are more responses on the other thread!!

FWIW ............ I believe Adolf now has nothing to do with GR. His name has not been promoted for at least 2 years.

If you look on the Home Page it is the MEMBERS who are now promoted for their "valuable advice given" to other members!

GR mainly seems to consist of one or maybe two staff members working in the FMP office.

Please remove your email address .............. GR does advise that home contact details are not posted on site. This site is NOT a safe site, anything on here may be found on Google within a short while.

GR maintains the right to remove such details.

As for the comment in the bottom part of your post ........

[email protected]

Or look under Company Information at the bottom right of your screen. No phone number but street address .......

Our office address is:

The Glebe
6 Chapel Place
Rivington Street
London EC2A 3DQ

That is the same address for FindMyPast

Ruth

Ruth Report 4 May 2018 19:44

Hi Ian thank you I have emailed g/r I'm hoping they can put things right. I had 210 relatives with documents and photos! on tree Ruth :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 May 2018 03:54

Ruth

PLEASE check your other thread ....... you posted duplicate threads ...... because there are response on that thread, with some suggestions for you.

This includes my suggestion that you MIGHT have two accounts as you say you have been using GR since 2006, but your profile says you have been a member since 2012.

This is the other thread ..............

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1371906?jump=1371906

Just click on it and it should take you to the thread, OR check under MY Threads in the box headed Tools to the left of your screen,