General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Clinic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 20 Jul 2018 16:35

How do I get a message to Help desk.
I think because I am not experienced in adding and editing records on my tree, some people have been duplicated onto the tree, and I can't see how to edit that item off.
Help please Thank You. Alan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jul 2018 16:44

Email them at

[email protected]

As they don’t work over the weekend, you probably won’t get a reply until the middle of next week.

Are you sure they’re duplicates? Sometimes the system does it automatically if someone already in your tree marry’s another person already entered.

You can delete an entry from the tree view - there’s 3 boxes under their name, Add, Edit, Delete.
Unfortunately the system won’t allow you to delete if they have descendants or a spouse already attached. You have to work either from the top or bottom, depending on how close they are, deleting everything else first.

Support may be able to sort it out for you.

Caroline

Caroline Report 20 Jul 2018 16:48

I know in the past my tree has done this, I left it alone and it cleared itself one of Genes little problems I'm afraid that surface from time to time.

Alan

Alan Report 20 Jul 2018 19:21

thank you Caroline. I will leave it for a few days and see if it corrects itself. Thanks again.
Thank you Detective. I think it was as a result of me trying to add a second marriage, and also editing spouse details.
The 3 boxes only seem to appear under 1 person that I do not wish to edit. Look like having to delete and re-enter all on that leg, assuming that going up with ancestors won't be affected.. Thanks very much

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jul 2018 19:39

Click on the erroneous person. The boxes should appear.

As you've added a 2nd marriage, it could well be an automatic function so that you can add children to that marriage.

Have you looked at the person in the full tree?