General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I should pay attention

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 12:20

OH has had us on Sky for some time. I have never been keen on paying for it, which will, I am sure, surprise you! Have always thought there was not much new on it.

Recently he persuaded me that we need some sort of new package that would meet every need we would ever have for less money, yeh right.

Anyway, to my delight, this package has access to You Tube so we are rarely off that.

OH has had much more access to classical music than have I so we have been watching a lot of that and last night we thought we would try a bit of opera which is new to each of us.

I dutifully put on some Rossini which I thought was the 'Marriage of Figaro', identified the character I assumed was Figaro although I really don't know what it is about and tiddled about on the computer.

All the way through, I waited for the wedding and the song I knew came from 'Figaro' and was most disappointed not to have seen or heard either.

Well, I wouldn't would I? We had just watched 'The Barber of Seville'!

David

David Report 22 Jul 2018 14:22

They will sing foreign :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 14:25

Exactly.

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Jul 2018 17:35

Could have been worse I suppose...now you have an excuse to listen to another one maybe the right one this time.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Jul 2018 17:52

You Tube is Free. We either watch it on our computers or on our TV.

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 18:39

Yes.

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 21:11

We watched Figaro and didn't like it!

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Jul 2018 21:28

Oh well......at least now you know you don't like it!

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 21:30

Always knew I had no class!

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Jul 2018 22:01

You have class, just maybe not the one some others think they're in :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Jul 2018 22:05

I think I might be in remedial.

Caroline

Caroline Report 22 Jul 2018 22:08

:-D