General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fed up with the rain, now.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Jul 2018 20:01

All day, George the cat has been going out, and coming back in dripping wet :-|
Initially, he was coming up to me for a cuddle, at which point I would wipe him down.

Now, he's decided to ignore me and run straight upstairs, run around for a while (spreading muddy footprints), then run outside again.

He (apparently) doesn't want to be dry :-| :-| :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Jul 2018 23:24

Don't let him back in!! :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jul 2018 00:21

.......but then I'd have to utilise the litter tray for Betty (other cat) - who rarely goes out - apart from to do her 'business'! :-| :-|

I don't like litter trays. :-P

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2018 00:28

Well don't use one then, Maggie. They are for cats after all ;-) :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Jul 2018 01:26

:-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Jul 2018 01:27

When we had a cat it was an indoor cat so I was glad when he did use the tray.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jul 2018 11:57

Yes, Allan :-P

When the workmen were re-roofing the house - it only took from March until yesterday - I had the litter tray in, because I knew Betty would be unlikely to go out with strangers about - even if they were on the roof!
Only Betty used it, George walked past it in disdain - and no, I wasn't going to buy two!
George (who possesses a brain cell) worked out that they arrived early, left about 11am, maybe came back around 1pm, then left again at 4pm at the latest - and for many days, didn't turn up at all!
He 'did did business' when they weren't here.
Or he just hared it out the catflap to the bottom of the garden, where he was least likely to be showered in broken tiles, nails and plastic bottles, and stayed there!

Betty - who's other name is Violet Elizabeth Bott, would just love to have a litter tray all the time, her own fur dresser, be brushed every half hour, and be an indoor cat - but that ain't going to happen!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jul 2018 16:42

Well came downstairs this morning on the stair lift and as it decended the stench hit me !!

I do have a litter tray in the kitchen for emergencies cos one time I thought mr Tibbs was ok but he crapped on the bathroom floor .
He usually is an outdoor cat but guess if you need to go you need to go !!

He had used the tray Its huge cos he is a big boy , but why do they have to go to the edge to crap and it's sticks to one side or is on the floor ??

He got all loving and was out into the garden asap

I think he knew he has made a stink !! :-( :-|

Caroline

Caroline Report 30 Jul 2018 17:17

Shirley sometimes cats do that to feel comfortable; like to feel the edge; sometimes a closed in tray helps...that said if they're just doing it for fun cos it's annoying then it just means you get the mess on even more surfaces :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jul 2018 19:34

Shirley, that's just *yuck*.
Betty's problem was that she would kick litter everywhere. :-|
Fortunately I was at home a lot, so when I heard her covering it, and covering it, then covering it some more, I'd say 'enough' and clean the tray.

I'm not saying she's lazy, or believes herself 'entitled', but once she realised I was going to clear it up as soon as she'd done it, she stopped bothering to cover it, even a little bit :-| :-| :-|

Tawny

Tawny Report 30 Jul 2018 21:40

Meg and Mog( Otherwise known as beastie 1 and beastie 2 due to the fact that they use the raised wallpaper to climb around 6' up the wall) are indoor cats and we have two trays though both will use either. Whenever I do a full clean out of the trays they will take one each and roll and dig in the fresh litter before promptly using it. :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 30 Jul 2018 23:05

:-D :-D :-D :-D

...they've got you well trained, Tawny!

The (to be honest - Betty's) litter tray is currently empty, in the garden, and contains about an inch of rain!
I'll scrub it out when I wash the floor, it will be dried, and then stored until such time as I think she may be better off staying indoors!
That's my choice - not hers! :-D :-|