General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warmed Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Aug 2018 20:32

We went to a tea shop today. It was lovely and the food was good but I ordered a brownie and, without asking me, it was warmed up so I had to hang on to it until it was cold again.

I really don't like things warmed up, it makes the texture wrong and it often makes things greasy as well. Pastry goes soggy.

I don't want it warmed up!

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Aug 2018 20:38

Hope the tea was warm too! Nothing worse than tepid over-brewed beverage. :-0

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Aug 2018 20:44

The tea was excellent. Believe me, I am very picky about tea and it was wonderful.

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Aug 2018 20:50

Many coffee shops here will warm up a muffin, weird if you ask me.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Aug 2018 22:07

Luckily, our coffee shop always asks if you want something warmed up ................. we always say NO thank you.

But then they look at us as if we are strange!!!

One of our coffee friends always has muffins and pastries warmed up, then he gets at least 2 little packets of whipped butter and lashes them on the muffin or whatever ......... he says they don't melt properly unless the muffin is warm????? :-S

Annx

Annx Report 14 Aug 2018 18:03

We called in a garden centre cafe yesterday and they asked if we wanted our scones warmed up. I've never been asked that with scones before. I could probably understand it with my cheese one but not with OH's cream and strawberry jam one........the cream would melt surely and OH needs no excuse to make a mess? lol.