General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The double arrow.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bix

Bix Report 27 Aug 2018 15:17

Quite new to G.U. Do you all click the double arrow just before exiting from someone's Lifeline? If I don't do this, and I go to some other ancestor and click on their Lifeline, I get the previous info for the previous ancestor coming up instead.

Would I be correct in saying that you must always click the double arrow when exiting a Lifeline and moving on to another ancestor's Lifeline? Curious to know if this is what everyone else does.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Aug 2018 15:26

I don't use the tree on Genes much, but the double arrow opens the personal details for whichever ancestor you have selected.

After you have entered any new information, you save it and then close that person's details before you open another one.

If you don't, the programme presumably thinks you haven't finished the first one! :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Aug 2018 15:31

Although I agree about ‘saving’ adding information, it shouldn’t be necessary to close the details if the next person is on view in the tree.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 27 Aug 2018 16:46

I have just tried this out. I brought up the details for OH and then, without closing it, clicked on my name. The fly-out promptly changed to mine!!

Perhaps the important bit is saving?

Bix, if you still can't make it work, try asking Genes for help at [email protected]