General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Netflix Phishing Scam

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Inky1

Inky1 Report 29 Aug 2018 07:12

Recently I received a number of Tax scam/phishing emails. None for the past week or so. But now this:-

Sent: 28 August 2018 17:35

Netflix : Important Account Information

Dear …………… (my email address)

Sorry, there’s a problem with your billing address!
Case Ref: 1LIMNBTBEQKZ6Z832
We recently failed to validate your account information we hold on record for you, therefore we need to ask you to complete a brief validation process in order to verify your account.
Once that information has been updated, you can continue enjoying Netflix ( with a 1 month free for your time ).

Please update your NETFLIX account information now:

Sign In and Update your Netflix account now ?

Your Netflix membership, ( with a 1 month free for your time ) will continue when you confirm your account information.

Kind regards
Netflix Team
Please note: This is an automated email from an unmonitored mailbox, please do not reply.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not have a Netflix account. And, as usual, the email is not addressed to me by name. Also the English is not as I would write - though "they" are getting better.

The FROM reads [email protected]
Any Netflix users be warned.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Aug 2018 12:32

I had one of those just after I took out Netflix and it used my name so I was ???? For a few mins

Decided nope. I will stick to my rule of not clicking on any email thats asks for update or confirmations of my details

They persisted by sending two more emails that I also ignored and they gave up

Nothing at all wrong with any of my details and the debits have been going through ok to my credit card ever since

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Aug 2018 15:55

I had one from iTunes or some such. It was confirming an order of $54.

After 24 hours of pondering, I remembered that I hadn’t linked my iPad to a credit card etc. :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 29 Aug 2018 16:10

just the other day, had an "invoice" from Weight watchers...for

$125 usd

forwarded it straight to Spoof@paypal....

Inky1

Inky1 Report 29 Aug 2018 16:20

Another one this afternoon.

Sent: 29 August 2018 14:57
To:
Subject: Account verification! (Case Ref. REF08U07NFLX50UK)

Netflix United Kingdom

There is a problem with your billing address.
Please update your Netflix account information:
Sign In and Update your Netflix account now ?

The FROM reads [email protected]

Mine's a Hotmail account and they all get sent to their "Phishing scam"

Wonder if I will beat Shirley's three?