General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My special day!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Island

Island Report 30 Sep 2018 11:46

Finally, after trawling through parish, 1939 reg, death regs etc I have spotted an event with the same day and month as my birthday! I was beginning to think the day was reserved for me ;-) :-D
Has anyone else noticed their day was not eventful or perhaps a popular day for birth wedding or burial?

Mersey

Mersey Report 30 Sep 2018 12:25

Hiya Island :-D :-D <3 <3 ...when is your special day, always nice to share ;-) :-D <3

Allan

Allan Report 30 Sep 2018 12:33

I also thought that my birthday was for me alone, but then discovered that I had to share it with a whole Nation as well a many of that Country's nationals spread around world :-( :-(

March 17th :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Sep 2018 12:35

Favourite colour green??

Allan

Allan Report 30 Sep 2018 12:40

No, pink!

But that's already on another thread ;-) :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Sep 2018 12:42

:-D :-D :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 30 Sep 2018 12:45

29th of Feb? :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 30 Sep 2018 12:48

:-D :-D :-D

It must be most annoying only having a birthday every four years :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 30 Sep 2018 13:05

My only claim to fame is that I am celebrated all over Australia because I was born on Australia Day in Coronation year.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 30 Sep 2018 13:17

Mine is quite common for baptisms & marriages as it often falls on the Easter weekend :-D

Allan

Allan Report 30 Sep 2018 13:25

Nowt wrong with Australia Day, Sharron< except that it's celebrated by Australians ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Oct 2018 04:44

I discovered my maternal grandparents married 3 August same as hubby and I

Only 48 years apart too

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 1 Oct 2018 19:26

The only reason that I support Oxford in the boat race is that on my birthday in 194something, they won.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 1 Oct 2018 21:19

OH was born on St. George's Day, which is also Shakespeare's birthday.

Mine was fairly anonymous until 2001, when it suddenly became infamous everywhere, as 9/11. :-(