General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tipping Point

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Oct 2018 16:59

Any one watch this program?

do the contestants get any tuition on how to play? any practice time?
just watched 'Jane' have more "Riders" than winners..
it it all dependent on timing methinks, she was always about a second or two too late on the drop...

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 2 Oct 2018 17:04

I guess they do.

Surely she has played the coin ones on the pier.

:-D :-D

Annx

Annx Report 2 Oct 2018 18:59

I find it strangely compulsive to watch! I saw that episode too Bob and thought just the same about her being too late on the drop! She didn't seem to learn as she went on either and you could see the counters were still wobbling as they were pushed into the others........bound to get some riders. I found myself willing her to be quicker! :-S

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 2 Oct 2018 22:54

That type of game I can remember from being a child on holiday in the amusement arcade....... 12 pennies (old style) to spend at the end of an evening.

I also remember one of my favourites, the penny drop ones where you put a penny in the slot and released it after aiming the 'slot' so the penny fell between two lines....The prize being 2d, 4d or 6d. If you won the money rattled down on top of the glass screen over the playing area.
I was an absolute whizz at it and nearly always came out a winner :-D

Chris