General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Membership Numbers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 23 Oct 2018 15:41

I used to be able to hover the curser over a members name and there number would show at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't now. Is this just my computer or is it same for everyone. I want to send someone a message but wondered how long they had been on GR and the probability of them still being members :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Oct 2018 16:02

I can hover and see the number still.

Has the person written on any threads? If so, there will be a joining date at the left hand side of their message, when you hover over the profile.

The number of posts might be more of an indication regarding whether or not they are still around, rather than a time scale.

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 23 Oct 2018 16:25

Its someone who has the same person in their tree as in mine. So I can't see how long she has been posting without knowing her board name. Windows 10 seems to do its own thing on my computer and maybe its removed the facility to see numbers.

Thanks Gwyn for answering, I think I'll just message them anyway and see if they reoly

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 23 Oct 2018 16:28

Hover over their profile and how long they have been on the site comes up.
Then hover over their name and their member number shows at the bottom of the screen.
:-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 23 Oct 2018 16:30

Got it. Thanks Sue :-D