General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Last of today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Oct 2018 19:37

Have done the last of the pickled onions today, the last of the grapes have come in from the greenhouse, not perfect but we are getting there.

The last of the tomatoes have come in too, so it will probably be green tomato mincemeat tomorrow because I still have some from before Fred died and it is gorgeous and tastes like good mincemeat should but, when it is first made, it is sumptuous on toast.

There is still a marrow and a squash to deal with and we still have spuds and runners but we had the first cauliflower for tea. The apples will probably come in this week too.

If I just had the sense to go to Iceland!

David

David Report 27 Oct 2018 22:01

Are they as good as Nellie Pledge's Sharron ? :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Oct 2018 22:12

Our Eli thinks so.

I can say that without fear of contraception.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Oct 2018 00:29

:-D :-D :-D :-D

David

David Report 28 Oct 2018 16:15

:-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Oct 2018 23:49

Made the mincemeat today and it is well tasty on toast.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 29 Oct 2018 12:48

I also eat mincemeat on toast sometimes :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Oct 2018 15:35

Have to admit never tried that....do like a good picked onion though.