General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing information from family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 1 Nov 2018 14:29

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to print off information from the General Information box on right hand side of family tree ?

Many thanks, Eve

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Nov 2018 15:03

Don’t think so.

Do you have the Snipping Tool on your computer? Could use that to cut around & print off the information.

Have you tried right clicking & selecting Print? You might have to do it from the top of your computer screen. If it’s there at all, it’s probably on the top right hand side under or alongside the browser bar. Goodness knows how it would turn out - if you’ve a Print Preview option, use that before committing.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Nov 2018 15:06

There is a little printer icon just above the right hand side of the screen where you add information. In theory you can print your tree from there. However, in practice it depends on how many people you have in your tree. If it is a large number then it would be difficult to print your tree on most home printers as it wouldn't print in a size that you could read.

The best thing is to use a commercial family tree printing company. There is this one, where the owners used to be (or still may be) members of GenesReunited and are well recommended by other members:-

genealogyprinters.co.uk

They will help you with everything you need to do.

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Nov 2018 15:09

Kath, I’d got the impression Eve only wanted to print the information section.
Of course, you are correct about printing the tree itself.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 1 Nov 2018 15:18

Ahh...you may be right DetEcTive. I would have thought then that it might be easier to just type the information into a word document for each person as there isn't that much information on each person - at least not in my tree. You could then just print each page off.

Kath. x