General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Baker has died

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Nov 2018 13:09

This legendary man who introduced the first TV news Bulletin, has died, aged 93. :-(
RIP <3

He was a part of my childhood.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Nov 2018 13:23

That's sad news Maggie. He was part of my childhood too.

RIP Richard. <3

Kath. x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 18 Nov 2018 10:15

Had to smile at the part of the obituary about his life at the retirement home, cutting out news from the day's paper to read out to his fellow residents at supper ;D

Thank you Richard you were a big part of my life from childhood through to adulthood and to my children (Mary, Mungo and Midge). My father loved 100 Best Tunes and you took over so seamlessly.

RIP <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2018 10:22

Such a lovely man. <3

Bunnyboo

Bunnyboo Report 18 Nov 2018 12:38

93 is a good age, but I was sad to hear of this lovely mans death. I remember him so well reading the news with perfect pronounciation, and a lovely speaking voice. Sadly those days have gone in the interests of dumbing down!!