General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am a bit worried

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Nov 2018 22:55

Our daughter got hogkins lymphoma 15 years ago and is ok now 10'years later

She does have some health problems caused by the chemo but she is free from cancer

My grandaughter who is 36 was born with one deformed kidney. It has given her problems with constant urine infections
She is under the local hospital who seem to poo poo her problems and say it's her probelm with an over active bladder that needs to be retrained

Well medication to cut down on loo visits only result in yet another urine infection

So she isn't well . She has enlarged lymph nodes in her head ,neck and groiin area

In view of her mums history she has been referred to the blood clinic . The doc is thinking leukaemia

To say we are all worried is an understatement

I have said to hubby PLEASE look after her we don't wnat to lose her

So much worry

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Nov 2018 23:43

That's such a lot for you to worry over, and we all would worry too.

Hope all turns out well.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Nov 2018 01:11

That's sad news, Shirley, I hope your granddaughter gets the right diagnosis and treatment. It's obviously a big worry for you all but please look after yourself so you can continue to be supportive.

Keep us posted and remember we are all here for you.

Lizxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Nov 2018 06:38

I know your family are very close, Shirley so I'm sure that you will support each other while you wait for news.

You are bound to be worried, but hopefully the correct diagnosis and any necessary treatment will soon be available.

Like Liz says, we are here for you too.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Nov 2018 09:32

Such a worry for you all Shirley. Here's hoping that the doctors are wrong with their guessing and it is a mild infection. Shall be thinking of your Granddaughter, they are so precious.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Nov 2018 09:39

Shirley My heart goes out to you
You have every right to be worried
Lets hope all tests comeback OK

Good luck to you all Fingers crossed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Nov 2018 16:37

Well grandaughter is 36 today. She has gone to Norway with her fella for the weekend to witness the northern lights

She had had a blood test and ultra sound on her neck and groin glands but won't know anymore till the next hospital appt early Dec

She had had a copy of the letter sent to her doctor and it's says her glands seem more reactive than metastic but lymphoma can't be ruled out

So we are still in limbo on what may be wrong with her

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Nov 2018 16:50

I hope grandaughter enjoys her super birthday trip.
It must be amazing to see the Northern Lights.

I do hope you all have reassuring news soon and all will be well.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Nov 2018 17:11

Thank you Gwyn

I am off to Deal tomorrow to stay overnight with grandson and his famlly

my SIL is 50 next monday so daughter wanted to do something special for him .

He can be awkward on what he likes but its booked for a family meal in Dover

Grandaughter in law text me to say hi Nan stay with us so you dont have to drive in the dark and can have a glass\,or two !! at the dinner

i really have a lovely caring family

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Nov 2018 17:57

Shirley having had a daughter with cancer when she was young I know just what it is like waiting for results. I hope and pray that the results will have a positive outcome and my thoughts are with you and your family.

When our consultant told me, my daughter had cancer, my heart sank and then he said but we can treat her and so they did. Shes now a wonderful 21 yr old, type 1 diabetic but gets on with her life with a positive attitude.

I pray your granddaughter will get through whatever is wrong and with the familys support it will give her strength.
Not knowing just now what is wrong can be worse than the result as all sorts go through your mind.

Hope she has a fab time seeing the lights. I have them many times over my house as we are very far north, fabulous to see..

I hope you enjoy your eve out and have a glass or 2.

Keep us updated. We on here are always good at supporting each other.

Florence in the hebrides
:-) <3

Fly

Fly Report 23 Nov 2018 18:17

Shirley <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 23 Nov 2018 18:28

Sending you lots of <3 <3 <3 <3 Shirley <3