General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

You have tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 26 Dec 2018 15:09

I subscribed to genesreunited years ago and got such good contacts that I finished up writing a book.

HOWEVER it seems to me that the site is not good at helping people with problems.

I looked at my treet and see that there are loads Of TREE MATCHES but when I press VIEW I get no response.

I try to find help but it is not in FAQ.

As for support. What support?

Can anyone tell =me how you get to view the tree marches. :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Dec 2018 15:34

Welcome to the Boards, Heather.

The matches will probably be listed on the original tab you used when you opened the Genesreunited site.

For instance - my browser bar currently has 2 GR tabs. Left to right they read
- You have tree matches - General (cos thats this thread)
- Family Tree.

If I were to click on the View button for matches (whether records or other member's trees), the 'You have tree matches - General' tab changes to Genes Reunited.

Switching the view to 'Genes Reunited' I can see that I have 4 Search Tree matches for the relative in question. If I wanted to contact the tree owners, I'd click the Find out More button to send a message.

GR is a shadow of its former self. 'Support' vaguely maintain the site but aren't actively involved on a regular basis. They certainly don't read the Boards.
If you need to contact them, try [email protected]

The strength of GR, over other subscription sites, remains the help given via the boards by members to other members.
If you have a brickwall, or simply want to chat about nothing or everything, do start a thread on the relative board or jump on in.

Heather

Heather Report 26 Dec 2018 16:23

Thank you.

Heather

Heather Report 29 Dec 2018 15:03

I have now altered my setting on my PC according to instructions from the "help" people. It is like it was years ago. iT says I have links to hundreds of people. I bet it is all a fake.

What gets me is that when I do some alterations it will allow me the "view" on one name and then no more!!! The little clenched fist come up and that is that.

No wonder I left before. I shall leave agian never to return.

Ta ta