General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Neglected cat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Jan 2019 14:25

Jacky Milburn is badly in need of the RSPCA number. He has been let down and neglected very badly.

The daddy he loved and trusted and who he thought loved him, went off to work this morning and left him THE WRONG FLAVOUR MEAT!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 4 Jan 2019 15:27

:-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 :-0 he will get the back treatment when he gets back in for sure ;-) :-D :-D. Poor Jackie so hard done by ,but if every animal was so cruelly treated they would be well off :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jan 2019 16:42

I was too late to book Mr Tibbs into the cattery for Xmas so I put loads of food down for him on. Xmas eve. and grandaughter went in on Boxing Day tofeed him

He was very laid back about her going in . He had loads of purina still down and wasn't really worried about being fed ,was more wanting out !! Maybe he needed to check his territory

I was going home the morning after Boxing Day but stayed over another night as SIL was called into work so I stayed for grandson
Grandaughter went in to feed him Thursday morning again

Tibbs was ok and still had food down when I got home

But I,m not in favour , he is "not speaking to you till I think I have punished you enough "

"Don't stroke or talk to me cos I have my disdain face on and I,m not eating when you think I should cos you put my schedule out "
:-P

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Jan 2019 18:44

I've been away, staying with my daughter who had 2 cats, brother and sister, but had to have the girl put to sleep in early December because of kidney and liver failure.

She was 15½ years old, so had a good long life.

Her brother seems OK, a bit arthritic in the back legs so he can no longer jump up onto the arms of a chair or settee. He stayed with her all the last day she was at home, and also realised that she had been brought home in her carrier to be buried in the garden ............. but couldn't understand why she didn't move. He yowled at night for a couple of nights but then seemed to settle. However, he has become more "clingy", needs to be with the family much more than he used to.

She used to be on the arm of a chair as soon as I sat down, and curled up on my knee for long periods almost every time. He rarely bothered.

This time, he was trying to jump up soon after I sat down, but had to make several efforts to jump up on to the seat and then the arm. Several times he stepped down on my knee but then straight to the ground, but after about 5 days, he curled up, although only lasted about 5 minutes. That happened once more before we left.

He does let them know when his food is not down at the right time though :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jan 2019 22:09

I've got a balding cat :-S
This is a shame, as it's Betty, and she has long fur.
I've looked it up online, could be all sorts of things.
However, coming 'conveniently' after her bedwetting episode, I shall put both the bedwetting and fur removal down to stress, as it's only in places she can reach.
Combined with the scratches on George and her, I believe they were attacked by a wandering un-neutered tom.

Since putting a litter tray down for Betty, so she doesn't 'have' to go outside (she does, but not to go to the toilet) she's back to her usual 'perky' Violet Elizabeth Bott mode. The fur she can't reach is luxuriously shiny and silky, and she's behaving like a spoilt kitten again. If she has a poo in the litter tray, I'm instructed to clear it up immediately, or the litter is kicked the full length of the kitchen :-| :-|

It must be nice to not realise how old you are (she's 12).
I shall, of course, monitor the fur loss/growth, and her health, in case it's hormonal but I know, if I took her to the vet, her stress levels would go through the roof :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 4 Jan 2019 23:05

But you wouldn't give he the wrong flavour meat would you?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jan 2019 23:20

Umm - yes.
Sometimes I come home from work and they haven't touched their (canned wet) food.

I console myself......

No I don't console myself, I just inform them that if they had to get their own food they'd have more than just a day without food, or without food 'to their taste' and yes, they can have their evening sachet (or 2 or 3) early - and who goes out to work to buy this stuff anyway?
They have dry stuff, which is down all the time, so they're hardly starving!
Ungrateful little toerags :-| :-| :-|

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 4 Jan 2019 23:22

there is a cat that comes into my garden, that is likely to go on a lead diet...if he keeps taking the birds, that I put food out for....

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Jan 2019 23:50

Get a water pistol first, Bob :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jan 2019 01:15

Zephyr seems to have his owners well trained regarding food ...... or maybe his sister did that for him :-D