General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone else noticed?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Oct 2021 19:27

That is seems acceptable to go round towns and shops with hands in pockets? I was told that is bad mannered and slovenly to do so.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Oct 2021 20:33

Could it be to stop touching anything and having to sanitise their hands again?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Oct 2021 20:56

Could be, I suppose, but at school anyone who walked around like that was told not to so.

The more important thing, though, is how would the save themselves if they tripped. :-0

Allan

Allan Report 15 Oct 2021 21:46

I know a few people of the female persuasion who may not need hands to stop them from falling flat on their faces :-0

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Oct 2021 22:05

Allan :-D :-D :-D :-D
But lets just say it wouldnt be my face that touched the ground first!!!

Florence in the hebrides

Island

Island Report 15 Oct 2021 22:44

People have been putting their hands in pockets ever since they were invented - not always their own in some cases.

Allan

Allan Report 15 Oct 2021 23:15

Confucius had a very wise saying about men who have their hands in their pockets

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 15 Oct 2021 23:33

I know that one Allan. :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Oct 2021 07:30

I had a friend who, in her 50s was walking with her hands in her pockets to keep warm. she tripped and damaged her front teeth. Which I suppose is different to what might have happened if her hands had not been in her pockets as with another friend...... she broke her wrist when she fell.