General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

C'est fini

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2022 22:16

The bathroom that is.

It's only taken seven weeks. Originally we were told three to four weeks :-|

My OH is currently in South Australia enjoying a holiday that she should have taken just before Covid hit, and which has been postponed a couple of times since.

I have resolved not to use the bathroom until she returns next Monday, and before anyone asks we have an En-suite and also a separate WC

Florence61

Florence61 Report 10 Nov 2022 22:42

:-D :-D :-D I did wonder how long you could cross your legs for!

Allan

Allan Report 10 Nov 2022 23:01

:-D :-D :-D

The En-suite is next and this time I'll go on holiday!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Nov 2022 14:50

Good to read that you are getting your new home how you want it.

Our bathroom hasn't been refitted for many years.

I would find any work there very inconvenient, so a holiday away sounds a great idea.

Is this the first of many renovations?

Allan

Allan Report 11 Nov 2022 20:59

These are the major ones, Gwyn. When we bought the house we knew that we were going to have to spend money on improvements.

But by the same principle the point had been reached on our old house, which we had lived in for nearly thirty years, that money would need spending there; if we had done that we would have a very nice house which was still too big for us. Additionally, as it was a two storey house, the works would have been very expensive.

We still need some electrical work done, replacement power points and lights and also a new air-conditioner which is actually to be done next week.

New decking is required outside as is a new patio.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 12 Nov 2022 07:52

Great news then Allan. The dunny’s done! :-D ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 12 Nov 2022 20:43

Err, no! The dunny is in a separate area, inside the house I hasten to explain. The house may be old but it's not THAT old.

Oh, and the red-backs have moved out; they didn't like the new owners

:-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 Nov 2022 16:53

Thank goodness for that Allan. :-D :-D :-D