General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

R Mail U turn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2022 10:10

Ban on un-barcoded stamps. changed from january until next summer

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Nov 2022 10:23

Oh thanks for that Ann, wonder why the change?

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 13 Nov 2022 10:26

That's good news because I have 1st class stamps that I haven't used :-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 13 Nov 2022 10:30

I think pressure was put on them.

I did wonder about the rush to exchange, I would have thought a lot would have been used for the Christmas post. You were then going to have a couple of weeks after to exchange the remainder.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Nov 2022 10:31

Florence I think because of the reaction by the public and the statement that it will mean many many stamps going to waste.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 13 Nov 2022 11:36

I sent in about £10’s worth of large second class stamps a few weeks ago as I had accidentally bought extra ones without realising I had already got plenty. I haven’t heard a thing about them. Maybe they are lost in the post :-S

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 13 Nov 2022 12:55

LindainHerriotCountry, it took quite a few weeks from me sending mine back to get the barcoded ones. :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 15 Nov 2022 03:10

Would it have anything to do with the fact that King Charles’ head will be on the new ones?

Lizx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Nov 2022 07:37

Not sure Liz but the new ones are already on sale. But maybe, who knows?

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Nov 2022 10:25

My replacement stamps turned up this morning. I had sent in £9.50 in large second class stamps. In return they have sent me ten of the new first class stamps. That is fine as I hardly use the large stamps. They have the queens head on them

Annx

Annx Report 17 Nov 2022 15:26

Yes mine came back the other day and they have included Ip and 2p ones I had sent as well. All with the Queen's head on.